Happiness be damned! At least, that's what the theme seems to be for Days of our Lives' May Sweeps period, which officially kicked off on April 23. But what does the nearly 50-year-old soap have in store for the rest of the Sweeps period, which lasts until Wednesday, May 20? Read the series' official Sweeps teasers below to find out.
• Clyde [James Read] is not pleased when he learns he will be the subject of Will's [Guy Wilson] next article, which lands Will and his family firmly in Clyde's crosshairs.
• Tensions arise when Lucas [Bryan Dattilo] gets a job offer that puts him at war with Kate [Lauren Koslow]. Meanwhile, Kate is forced into a close working relationship with someone unexpected.
• Justin's [Wally Kurth] return to Salem has ripple effects on Adrienne [Judi Evans] and Lucas' burgeoning relationship.
• Sonny [Freddie Smith] and Will try to repair their tattered marriage, but Paul's [Christopher Sean] return may prove to be its downfall.
• Theresa [Jen Lilley] brings her baby home, which throws a wrench in Melanie and Brady's relationship. Kimberly [Patsy Pease] comes home to see the new addition and squares off with Brady [Eric Martsolf].
• The longtime feud between Stefano [Joe Mascolo] and Marlena [Deidre Hall] is reignited.
• Nicole [Arianne Zucker] plays a dangerous game with Xander [Paul Telfer], which may cost her Daniel [Shawn Christian]. Meanwhile, she discovers that her suspicions about Serena [Melissa Archer] were on target and worked to save Eric [Greg Vaughan] from getting hurt.
• Despite her relationship with Ben [Robert Scott Wilson], Abigail [Kate Mansi] finds herself drawn to Chad [Billy Flynn].
• Hope [Kristian Alfonso] and Rafe [Galen Gering] work together to dig up dirt on Clyde, which causes major problems for her and Aiden [Daniel Cosgove], since Clyde is Aiden's client.
Are you excited about the drama headed Salem's way? What stories would you like to see stem out of the teasers the show provided? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below, on our message boards, or by submitting Feedback.