One Life to Live cancellation rumor resurfaces, is debunked
Posted Friday, July 02, 2010 12:48:52 AM
A reported "insider" caused panic for soap fans at this year's Daytime Emmy Awards. The insider told anyone listening that ABC has decided to cancel One Life to Live -- and that the soap would go off the air in December. As word spread, so did reports that the insider wasn't so reliable.
The rumor of One Life to Live's impending demise once again popped up - this time at the Daytime Emmy Awards. A show insider told members of the media that the ABC soap would be pulled from the airwaves sometime in December.
There's just one problem. The insider apparently doesn't have their facts straight. After digging around for details, soap
learned that some of what the source was saying wasn't accurate.
Soap Opera Digest
also investigated the rumor and reports that "it's not true!" The magazine goes on to say that the so-called "reliable source" was wrong and "there are no plans to cancel OLTL."
Fans may recall that last September
it was reported that One Life to Live would go off the air sometime in 2010. ABC issued a rare statement on the rumor, saying that One Life to Live would not be going off the air. In fact, the show was relocated to the larger studio space vacated by All My Children when production of AMC was moved to Los Angeles.
Earlier this year
, Brian Frons, head honcho of ABC's Daytime division, asserted that ABC was committed to keeping all three of its soaps on the air.
"I certainly think they will be here in two years and I certainly hope they’ll be here in five years," Frons commented to TVGuide
's Michael Logan.
So far, ABC has not commented on the latest cancellation rumor.
Share this story with friends, family or the world.
PRINTABLE VERSION View a printer friendly version of this article