CBS Daytime continues to reign supreme. The popular daytime network has ended the full 52-week 2016-2017 broadcast year at #1 for the thirty first consecutive year -- one of the longest winning streaks in television history.
In addition to pulling in the most viewers overall, CBS Daytime managed to win in the category of #1 Show in Viewers with the hit game show The Price is Right, as well as the #1 program in women 18-49 and women 25-54 with the soap opera The Young and the Restless.
Overall, CBS Daytime finished the year first in total viewers (3.90 million), and in the Women 25-54 (1.1/08) and Women 18-49 (0.7/06, tie) demographics.
CBS Daytime's 52-Week Full Broadcast Year included the top five programs in total viewers:
1. THE PRICE IS RIGHT (second half hour) 5.40 million
2. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 4.84 million
3. THE PRICE IS RIGHT (first half hour) 4.72 million
4. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 3.85 million
5. LET'S MAKE A DEAL (second half hour) 3.36 million
CBS had four of the top five programs in Women 25-54:
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 1.5 million
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 1.3 million
2. THE PRICE IS RIGHT 2 1.3 million
5. THE PRICE IS RIGHT 1 1.1 million
CBS had four of the top five programs in Women 18-49:
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 1.0 million
2. THE PRICE IS RIGHT 2 0.9 million
3. THE PRICE IS RIGHT 1 0.8 million
3. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 0.8 million
CBS Daytime programs, which include The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, The Price is Right, The Talk, and Let's Make a Deal, reached 120.0 million viewers (who watched at least six minutes) and 59.3 million Women 18+ -- stats that are both more than any other network.
What do you think about CBS Daytime achieving thirty-one years as the #1 daytime network? Why do you think CBS Daytime continues to hold the top position? We want to hear from you -- and there are many ways you can share your thoughts.