"Reminder to all": Ariana Grande reshares past interview addressing negative comments about her body

Universal Pictures proudly presents the WICKED FOR GOOD US Premiere - Source: Getty
Universal Pictures proudly presents the WICKED FOR GOOD US Premiere - Source: Getty

Ariana Grande recently made headlines for her Wicked: For Good promotional tour. However many people on the internet called out the actress for many reasons and even commented on her body weight. It looks like the singer has now responded to her critics with her new Instagram story.

On Saturday, Ariana Grande reshared clips from her interview with Sally from last year in which she addressed the issue of online hate. While sharing the clip, Grande wrote,

"Resharing this from last year as a loving reminder to all."
Screenshots from Ariana Grande's Instagram story (Image via Instagram/@arianagrande)
Screenshots from Ariana Grande's Instagram story (Image via Instagram/@arianagrande)

She overlaid the next clip, which continued the conversation, with text that read:

"Friendly reminder."

What did Ariana Grande say in her reshared interview?

youtube-cover

The interview that Ariana Grande reshared, was from last December. The conversation was recorded during Wicked's press tour. In this interview, the host asked Grande how she copes with the beauty standards set by society for women and the critics. Grande responded by saying:

"I've been kind of doing this in front of the public and kind of been you know a specimen and a petri dish really since I was 16 or 17 you know so I have heard it all; I've heard every version of it of what's wrong with me and then you fix it and then it's wrong for different reasons."

She found such comments uncomfortable irrespective of their scale.

"It's hard to protect yourself from that noise and I think it's something that is uncomfortable no matter what scale you're experiencing it on even if you go to Thanksgiving dinner and someone's Granny says, 'oh my God you look skinnier what happened' or 'you look heavier or what happened it's like that is something that is uncomfortable and horrible no matter where it's happening no matter the scale it's happening," Grande added.

The Wicked alum said that in today's society people have developed an unhealthy comfort with commenting on other people’s appearances and private lives. However, Ariana Grande added that such commentary is dangerous for all parties. The vocalist said that "pressure of that noise" in her life had remained since she was in her teens. However, she noted that she didn't "invite it anymore."

"I just don't invite it in anymore. It's not welcome. I have work to do, I have a life to live, I have friend friends to love on, I have so much love and it's not invited so I don't leave space for it anymore and however you all can protect yourselves from that noise, whether it's at a family reunion or online... I don't care if you've to delete the app entirely to keep yourself safe because no one has the right to say sh*t," she stated.

A year later, Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo again appeared in the interview with Sally before the release of the second part of Wicked.


Wicked: For Good hit the theaters on November 21. Following its success at the box office, Universal Studios is reportedly planning its spinoffs.

Love movies? Try our Box Office Game and Movie Grid Game to test your film knowledge and have some fun!

Edited by Sohini Biswas