Google+
ON THE AIR!
LISTEN to our live broadcast for free online or on the go: soapcentral.com/scl
Logo
No official statement, but AMC star says show's been canceled
Posted Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:11:41 AM
Updated Monday, November 11, 2013 2:35:00 AM
A purportedly imminent announcement regarding All My Children's future has yet to be made, but an Emmy-winning AMC star's comments on Twitter have fans wondering if a cancellation announcement is now merely a formality.
The rumored Friday deadline for an announcement regarding the future of All My Children has come and gone, and fans who were glued to their computers, waiting for the announcement, may be left scratching their heads in wonderment.


Prospect Park, the production company that earlier this year relaunched All My Children and One Life to Live on the Internet, has had no comment on the reports that it plans to step away from producing any additional episodes of the two soaps.


In September, Prospect Park exec Jeff Kwatinetz told the Los Angeles Times that his company had decided to indefinitely shelve plans to continue producing One Life to Live due to an ongoing lawsuit with ABC. At the time, Kwatinetz indicated that Prospect Park would focus its attention on growing AMC.


While Prospect Park has been silent, Emmy winner Debbi Morgan (Angie Hubbard) took to Twitter with a seemingly ominous message for fans: "Thanks for the memories."


"I guess what really hurts my gut [is] all the positive proclamations I gave 2 all of U that we'd definitely [be] coming back," Morgan wrote. "Bcuz those were the earnest proclamations we'd been given! I'm so very sorry 2c U disappointed yet again and believe me we feel the same!!! Thanks 4 all the support and luv U gave hoping this would work. We never know what's in God's plan. I do know there's always a bigger picture!"


Morgan later went on to clarify her initial posts.


"Yea, we've been canceled," Morgan stated. "My manager ws given the news that we were officially done by [Prospect Park's] lawyer..."


All My Children ran on ABC from January 1970 until its cancellation in September 2011. The show was relaunched in April 2013 as a web-based program.


Requests to Prospect Park for a statement were not immediately returned because the requests were made outside of normal business hours.


RELATED STORIES:
  • Chronicling AMC's journey from cancellation to cancellation
  • Prospect Park amends lawsuit, seeks in excess of $95 million in damages
  • Debbi Morgan "disappointed yet again" in AMC's end
  • Cady McClain shares shock and gratitude in wake of AMC's demise
  • Eden Riegel: What a colossal shame!
  • Jill Larson: AMC relaunch was ahead of its time
  • Popular AMC newcomer lands role on Dallas
  • Thorsten Kaye joins B&B, hopes it won't affect AMC in "some bad way"



  • Share this story with friends, family or the world.

    PRINTABLE VERSION View a printer friendly version of this article

    Share this story with friends, family or the world.

    PRINTABLE VERSION View a printer friendly version of this article



    Related Information
    Comments:
    From Our Partners